After 4 years of undergraduate and another 5 of working within this sanctuary, it’s impossible to narrow down the memories to just one. Here are just a few:
- Midnight milkshakes at Tom’s Diner during Orientation week with my new neighbors on Sulzberger’s 6th floor. We returned here time and time again after late nights and breakups.
- Sleeping on the 4th floor of Barnard Hall every semester the night before the English department signups were posted. (I’ve heard they don’t post classes this way anymore)
- Having Claudia of Java City/Liz’s Place know your name.
- Field trips to the Central park zoo on Fridays.
- Having my brother visit my dorm and watching heads pop out of every door on the hall.
- The moment I walked across the stage on Graduation day after 4 years of hard work.